We are open for both in-person and curbside service. You can choose to come into the store for a “live” test, or leave a sample in our drop-off bin for overnight testing with results emailed to you within 48 hours. There is no charge for testing provided required chemicals are purchased at Purewater.
Please read the instructions carefully and if you have questions please email us at [email protected] before you visit.
Please make note of the following requirements for all tests:
– We will not perform a test on samples provided in used chemical containers as they will produce false results. If you do not have a sample bottle, please use a disposable, clean, glass container, with at least 500ml (2 cups) of water.
– In a newly opened pool or newly filled hot tub, water must circulate for at least 24 hours prior to taking a water sample. We will not perform a test if water has not been circulating for at least 24 hours.
– If water has been shocked within 12 hours of sample being taken, or if the chlorine / bromine level is above 12PPM, we will not be able to test; perform a strip-test at home to confirm sanitizer levels are within normal ranges prior to bringing in or dropping off a sample.
– When heavy rain (over 10mm) is forecast within 24 hours, we do not test outdoor pool water, hot tubs and indoor pools only.
– We will process 1 test per month for each client. If you have a pool and spa we will test each once per month. As a follow up to your initial balancing test, we will also test your water 10 days after the last of your initial balancing chemicals have been added.
If you are coming for an in-person test:
No form is necessary if you are prepared to wait for your results. If the line is long, if the wait time is too long for you, you may leave the sample in the bin as directed above and complete the form; your results will be emailed to you within 48 hours.
Lab hours are 9AM to 5:30PM, Monday to Saturday, 10 to 4:30 Sundays. Our last test will start 30 minutes before the store closes. We encourage you to arrive early enough to avoid disappointment as we must turn away customers after that time.
If you are leaving a sample for overnight testing:
Please complete the online form below every time you drop off a sample (see bottom of this page), PRIOR to dropping off a sample. If the sample is already in, please complete the form right away (within 2 hours of dropoff). This form, if correctly completed, will generate an email confirmation. If you do not get a confirmation email within 30 minutes, your form was not successfully transmitted and we will not be able to process your test; please resubmit. If you continue to have problems completing the form, contact our lab at [email protected] Please check your spam filter and junk email for the confirmation before you call in.
Samples for testing can be left at our store, at 2070 Robertson Rd, during retail hours. Please do not leave samples in personal bottles you want back; use a disposable container or an actual sample bottle. There is a clearly marked drop-off bin at the lab. Please label the sample bottle with your name and phone #, AS THEY ARE RECORDED ON THIS FORM. If you have both a pool and spa identify which on your sample bottle. Please write directly on the bottle with a permanent marker; bottles are disinfected prior to handling, and a “taped on” note or post-it note will be lost or rendered illegible. Place the sample in the “NEW SAMPLES” bin; DO NOT leave in the bin marked for the return of empty bottles.
Overnight / emailed water tests are processed once we have both this form and the sample.
THANK YOU, if you have any questions please email us at [email protected].