We are now open for in-person water testing. Much like retail access, service is limited to one person (or couple) at a time allowed in the store. If you have a child with you please keep them by your side at all times. There is a dedicated line outside our store for the waterlab, please look for the waterlab signs and follow the posted directions. Following your test you may purchase needed items at a dedicated checkout station; no need to line up again for service! Each test can take up to 15 minutes, so if you see 4 people waiting, assume you will be waiting an hour; If you DON’T want to wait, our contactless testing system is still in place, with most results processed and emailed to you within 24 hours. Please remember to complete the online form below each and every time you want to use our dropoff service (no form is necessary for in-person tests).
– Lab hours are 9AM to 5PM, Monday to Saturday, 10 to 5 Sundays. Our last test will start at 4:30 PM. We encourage you to arrive early to avoid disappointment as we must turn away customers if they are in line after that time.
– The lab will CLOSE to outdoor pool water testing if heavy rain is forecast; if the skies open up, please DO NOT come in for a test, you will be turned away. Hot tub and indoor pool owners are not subject to this closure. We encourage all our customers, when there is inclement weather on the horizon, please check the website before driving in for a test (this page will announce lab closures).
There is no charge for testing provided required chemicals are purchased at Purewater. For contactless dropoff service, please complete this form PRIOR to dropping off a sample, or, if the sample is already in, please complete the form right away (within 2 hours of dropoff). This form, if correctly completed, will generate an email confirmation response. if you do not get a confirmation email, your form was not completed and we will not be able to process your test; please resubmit, and if you continue to have problems, contact our lab at [email protected]
Samples for contactless testing can be left at Purewater, 2070 Robertson Rd., Monday to Saturday between 9AM and 6PM., Sundays between 10 and 5. If you do not have a sample bottle, please use a disposable, clean glass container, at least 500ml (2 cups) of water. PLEASE DO NOT leave samples in personal bottles you want back; use a disposable container or an actual sample bottle. Because of limited space for returns and limited supervision of the bin, we are only returning plastic sample bottles. There is a clearly labelled drop-off bin outside the front door. Please label the sample bottle with your name and phone #, AS THEY ARE RECORDED ON THIS FORM. if you have both a pool and spa identify which on your sample bottle. Please write directly on the bottle with a permanent marker; bottles are disinfected prior to handling, and a “taped on” note or post-it note will be lost or rendered illegible. Place the sample in the “NEW SAMPLES” bin; DO NOT leave in the alphabetized bins marked for the return of empty bottles.
Water tests are processed once we have both this form and the sample.
Please make note of the following requirements:
– We will not perform a test on samples provided in used chemical containers.
– In a newly opened pool or newly filled hot tub, water must circulate for at least 24 hours prior to taking a water sample. We will not perform a test if water has not been circulating for at least 24 hours.
– If water has been shocked within 12 hours of sample being taken, or if the chlorine / bromine level is above 12PPM, we will not be able to test; perform a strip-test at home to confirm sanitizer levels prior to dropping off a sample.
– If it is raining heavily or heavy rain is forecast, do not drop off a pool sample. Wait until it is clear / forecast clear. If more than 10mm of rain has fallen / is forecast to fall between when you take your sample and when we can process a test, we will not proceed as the test is no longer accurate (applies to outdoor pools only).
– Due to the significant amount of extra work and time involved in operating our lab and premises, with Covid-19 restrictions, we will not process more than 1 test per month for the same client unless you are having a specific chemistry problem, or as a follow up to your initial balancing test.